Single Transferable Vote (STV) is a voting system in which voters rank candidates in order of preference. The single position version of STV is often referred to as Alternative Vote (AV).
There are a number of different rule sets used for STV, including:
- Meek Method
- ERS97 Method
Many students' union in the United Kingdom use STV with re-open nominations.
Countries which Use STV for Public ElectionsEdit
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- Northern Ireland (United Kingdom) (Not for U.K. Parliamentary elections)
United Kingdom OrganisationsEdit
- Single Transferable Vote from Wikipedia
- STV News Group
- STV Action - UK Site for STV Campaigners
- Conservatives for Electoral Reform
- Voteswap Canada STV
- New Brunswick referata ballot comparison