This list contains acronyms, initialisms, and pseudo-blends.
For the purposes of this list:
- acronym = an abbreviation pronounced as a series of constituent letters, e.g., ERIS (pronounced airiss) = Electoral Reform International Services.
- initialism = an abbreviation pronounced wholly or partly using the names of its constituent letters, e.g., STV = Single Transferable Vote
- pseudo-blend = an abbreviation whose extra or omitted letters means that it cannot stand as a true acronym or initialism.
- (a) = acronym in the example: ERIS -(a) Electoral Reform International Services
- (i) = initialism in the example: STV - (i) Single Transferable Vote
- (p) = pseudo-blend in the example: UNIFEM - (p) United Nations Development Fund for Women
- (s) = symbol (none of the above, representing and pronounced as something else.)
- ERIS -(a) Electoral Reform International Services
- ERS-(i) Electoral Reform Society
- ERSL - (a) Electoral Reform Services Limited
- MEP - (i) Member of the European Parliament
- MP - (i} Member of Parliament
- MVC - (i) Make Votes Count
- MVCIWS - (i) Make Votes Count in West Sussex
- NFP - (i) No further preferences
- RON - (a) Re-open nominations